We are outraged and deeply saddened by the murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery and countless others, and we stand against the systemic racism that enables acts of violence against Black communities and people of color by the police and criminal justice system. In our work to change the narrative of what justice looks like in our country through the power of story, we commit to:
- Creating platforms that amplify the voices of those directly impacted by police brutality and mass incarceration.
- Speaking the truth that our current criminal justice system is unjust and disproportionately harms Black communities and people of color.
- Empowering justice-involved women to lead the fight for criminal justice transformation.
- Unlearning racism. As a predominantly white-led organization, we must address our own complicity in white supremacist systems, and our anti-racist work must include deep self-reflection, respectful listening, and interpersonal work.
- Working with community partners to envision and enact restorative justice in response to harm in the community.
- Leveraging our deep knowledge of trauma-informed curriculum to support community healing within and beyond spaces of incarceration.
- Working in criminal justice spaces, we bear witness to the institutional racism and inequity of our current system. We stand with others who are committed to anti-racist work and co-creating a society free of white supremacy.
Black Lives Matter.
Truth Be Told[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]