When former class members leave prison, Truth Be Told encourages the women to stay involved and join our Beyond Bars peer-led programs. When they contact us, we hold their first “participant check-in.” This is a time for us to ask them about how they are doing and to reengage the tools they have been introduced to on the inside. Participants receive a Welcome Home Packet that includes information about how they can stay involved in programs, as well as a TRUTH bracelet to remind them of the work they did to create a healthy community.
We track their reentry progress and offer them support in the following ways:
- Participant check-ins offered every 3 months
- Private peer group connection through social media
- Weekly Zoom Support Call: Keep On Talking Empowerment Call
- Invitations to speak at special events and/or to write for our TBT Blog
- A Quilt Project that celebrates 3 years of freedom, a benchmark for avoiding recidivism